winter 2019 Taxes were due on tuesday, february 18, 2020 without a penalty. the last day to pay 2019 real property taxes at city hall is monday, march 2, 2020. payment must be in our office by 6:00pm est-this includes online payments and night box. postmark no longer accepted. beginning march 3, 2020 2019 real property taxes will be turned over to the lenawee county treasurer's office where additional fees will apply-517-264-4554. dog licenses will be sold at city hall thru monday, march 2, 2020 - current rabies certificate and proof of spayed/neutered required.
Tax and assessing information can be found free of charge by clicking the link below.Tax and Assessing Info
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONUnder the direction of the Treasurer’s Department, the City of Tecumseh has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada every year since 1996. The City is also GASB 34 (Government Accounting Standards Board) compliant. With the help of the City’s outside auditors, the Treasurer’s Department was able to implement GASB 34 three years earlier than was required by law. This results in better financial information to the City’s taxpayers and governing board. In addition to the Certificate of Achievement, the City has received the GFOA award for its Popular Annual Financial Report every year since the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010.
- The State of Michigan periodically makes changes to the law regarding property taxes and local treasury regulations. For accurate and up-to-date information, link to the State of Michigan's website at www.michigan.gov/treasury or to the Lenawee County website at www.lenawee.mi.us.
- You may pay bills online and get current tax information as well as tax history on any property in the City of Tecumseh by logging on to BS&A. Once you have accessed the site:
- Click on "parcel" or "address" under the search options (depending on how you want to look up the property)
- Once you have found the parcel of land you are looking for click on "tax" under property information
- The total tax bill is the information plus the administration fees for both the winter and summer tax seasons. (You may also scroll down the page to see previous year's taxes.)