2020 winter property taxes are now past due and 3% penalty has been applied to unpaid balances. if the original amount due is paid now it will be treated as a partial payment.
any unpaid balances for real property as of march 2 will be turned over to the lenawee county treasurer's office-at that time payments must be made to lenawee county-517-264-4554. only personal property (business) taxes can be paid at the city of tecumseh. thank you.
Tax and assessing information can be found free of charge by clicking the link below.Tax and Assessing Info
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONUnder the direction of the Treasurer’s Department, the City of Tecumseh has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada every year since 1996. The City is also GASB 34 (Government Accounting Standards Board) compliant. With the help of the City’s outside auditors, the Treasurer’s Department was able to implement GASB 34 three years earlier than was required by law. This results in better financial information to the City’s taxpayers and governing board. In addition to the Certificate of Achievement, the City has received the GFOA award for its Popular Annual Financial Report every year since the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010.
- The State of Michigan periodically makes changes to the law regarding property taxes and local treasury regulations. For accurate and up-to-date information, link to the State of Michigan's website at www.michigan.gov/treasury or to the Lenawee County website at www.lenawee.mi.us.
- You may pay bills online and get current tax information as well as tax history on any property in the City of Tecumseh by logging on to BS&A. Once you have accessed the site:
- Click on "parcel" or "address" under the search options (depending on how you want to look up the property)
- Once you have found the parcel of land you are looking for click on "tax" under property information
- The total tax bill is the information plus the administration fees for both the winter and summer tax seasons. (You may also scroll down the page to see previous year's taxes.)