RESPONSIBILITIESThe Treasurer's office is responsible for all financial transactions of City Hall, including the preparation, mailing, and collection of property taxes, investment of city funds, payroll, retirement, accounts payable, daily accounting, financial reporting, fixed assets, billing of invoices, and special assessments. The Treasurer's office also provides tax information to citizens, banks, realtors, tax services, mortgage and title companies and handles the collection of dog licensing fees.
Tax and Assessing Info
Tax and assessing information can be found free of charge by clicking the link below.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONUnder the direction of the Treasurer’s Department, the City of Tecumseh has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada every year since 1996. The City is also GASB 34 (Government Accounting Standards Board) compliant. With the help of the City’s outside auditors, the Treasurer’s Department was able to implement GASB 34 three years earlier than was required by law. This results in better financial information to the City’s taxpayers and governing board. In addition to the Certificate of Achievement, the City has received the GFOA award for its Popular Annual Financial Report every year since the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010.
- The State of Michigan periodically makes changes to the law regarding property taxes and local treasury regulations. For accurate and up-to-date information, link to the State of Michigan's website at www.michigan.gov/treasury or to the Lenawee County website at www.lenawee.mi.us.
- You may pay bills online and get current tax information as well as tax history on any property in the City of Tecumseh by logging on to www.accessmygov.com. Once you have accessed the site:
- Click on "parcel" or "address" under the search options (depending on how you want to look up the property)
- Once you have found the parcel of land you are looking for click on "tax" under property information
- The total tax bill is the information plus the administration fees for both the winter and summer tax seasons. (You may also scroll down the page to see previous year's taxes.)