How do I get a dog license?

Dog licenses are available at City Hall from December 1st through February 28th.   The cost is $10.00 and a current valid rabies certificate must be presented to purchase a license every year, regardless if the certificate has not expired from the previous year (rabies certificate must not expire less than two (2) weeks of the license issue date) and no other documentation is acceptable. State law requires all dogs four months and older to have a license.  From March through November dog licenses may be purchased at the County Treasurer’s Office in the Old Courthouse in Adrian and from March through October licenses may be purchased at the Raisin Township Office at a cost of $20.00.  Licenses expire December 31st of each year and need to be renewed every year



Will special assessments go on my taxes?

Yes. If you do not pay your yearly payment or invoice, the yearly payment or invoice amount will appear on your summer tax bill along with delinquent water/sewer bills and miscellaneous invoices.

May I also defer my winter taxes?

No. However, if you meet the requirements for deferring your summer taxes and can show a copy of your Homestead Property Tax credit form to the Treasurer’s Office, which was filed before February 14th, and you have not received a check yet, but the check is received during the remaining two weeks in February, any penalty that would be due will be waived.