VIN and Salvage Inspections

Any officer can do a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) inspection.

If you need a VIN inspection, and have the proper paperwork from Secretary of State, contact the department to set up an appointment. Usually an officer can come out within an hour and the inspection takes about 5 minutes.

Salvage Inspections are done only for city residents. If you are anticipating the need for a salvage inspection, contact Officer Hissong prior to rebuilding the vehicle. The inspection will be much easier if the parts can be inspected prior to assembly and you have obtained the necessary paperwork from the Secretary of State prior to the inspection. Salvage inspections are lengthy.

A fee of $100.00 is charged for all salvage inspections.