The Police Department provides public safety services for the community.
Any emergency reported using 911 will go directly to the Lenawee County Sheriff's Department.
The Tecumseh Police Department is comprised of 12 sworn officers, one animal control / ordinance enforcement officer, 2 full-time dispatchers, and several part-time dispatchers. We are a full service police department, providing police service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All officers are considered road patrol officers. Officers with specialized training perform those tasks in addition to their regular duties. Our officers handled a wide variety of complaints from theft to criminal sexual conduct to assaults to drunk drivers.
In addition to taking formal complaints, officers handle a multitude of citizen contacts. These can range from informal complaints to a simple "friendly greeting" on the street.
- Minimize the occurrence of deterrable crime.
- Identify and effect prosecution of individuals who violate Federal and State laws or City ordinances.
- Through fair, firm traffic enforcement; facilitate the safe and orderly movement of people and vehicles in the city.
- Maximize the professional development and job satisfaction level of Department personnel.
- In conjunction with other agencies, ensure provision of emergency services.
- Create and nurture a feeling of respect for, and confidence in, the department on the part of the citizens it serves and to build partnerships of support among other agencies of the criminal justice system.
- Treat all persons fairly and with respect, and with malice and ill will toward none.