Tecumseh's Parks and Recreation Department is "Your in to the outdoors!" You'll find over 300 acres of parkland within Tecumseh, brimming with green space, wildlife, waterways and hiking/biking trails. In addition to proudly overseeing our network of parks, we also offer a full slate of programs, geared toward providing residents in Tecumseh and the surrounding area plenty of recreational opportunities. If you would like additional information regarding our parks or programs, please contact your friendly neighborhood Parks and Recreation Department at 517-423-5602.
- Tecumseh Parks & Recreation 5-year Plan
- We now offer fitness classes! Yoga is at 9 AM Tuesday and Thursdays and 7 PM Tuesdays. Zumba is 9 AM Moday and Thursdays and 7 PM Thursdays. Zumba Gold is moving to Monday mornings at 8 AM beginning January 6, 2014. Call 423-5602 for information!
- The AJ Smith Recreation Center will be hosting a craft show on March 22, 2014 from 8 AM - 3 PM. If you are a crafter that wants to participate call us for details 423-5602.
- We are pleased to welcome Bart Bradley to the AJ Smith Recreation Center! Bart will be instructing his Fitmix Plus! class on Thursday nights @ 7 PM at the AJ Smith Recreation Center. The cost is $7/class. Or you can purchase a punch card - 11 visits for $70.
- Basketball registration is now open! The season starts the week of January 20th and registration closes for all ages January 15th. We have something for ages 3 - 10. Call us for more information!
- Tuesday and Thursday nights from 8 - 10 PM we have adult drop-in basketball, for $5/person. Just come out to the AJ Smith Recreation Center on those nights and be ready to play!
- We are hosting our first lock-in for children ages 5 - 11 years old. On December 20 from 5:30 - 8:30 PM we will entertain and feed your child a pizza dinner for $20; $10 each additional child. There will be crafts, games, and holiday videos.
- Bowling begins January 4th for ages 5 - 14. Cost is $90, the program will be held at Ten Pin Alley in Tecumseh and runs from January 4 - March 22nd. The use of a ball and shoes is included in the program fee.
- Information about Michigan's new law regarding concussions can be found here: Michigan Concussion Law
- The City of Tecumseh Parks and Recreation programs are available to all residents and non-residents. All registrations are taken on a first come first serve basis and can be done at the department. Payments for programs are required upon registration.
- A $25.00* administrative charge will be withheld on all refunds to individuals, unless the program is cancelled by the department. If our department cancels any activity for any reason, a full refund will be issued. *Effective November 1, 2009.
Last Updated on Tuesday, December 10 2013 11:01