Tecumseh's Parks and Recreation Department is "Your in to the outdoors!" You'll find over 300 acres of parkland within Tecumseh, brimming with green space, wildlife, waterways and hiking/biking trails. In addition to proudly overseeing our network of parks, we also offer a full slate of programs, geared toward providing residents in Tecumseh and the surrounding area plenty of recreational opportunities. If you would like additional information regarding our parks or programs, please contact your friendly neighborhood Parks and Recreation Department at 517-423-5602.
- Tecumseh Parks & Recreation 5-year Plan
- We now offer fitness classes! Yoga is at 9 AM Tuesday and Thursdays and 7 PM Tuesdays. Zumba is 9 AM Moday and Thursdays and 7 PM Thursdays. Zumba Gold is moving to Monday mornings at 8 AM beginning January 13, 2014. Call 423-5602 for information!
- The AJ Smith Recreation Center will be hosting a craft show on March 22, 2014 from 8 AM - 3 PM. If you are a crafter that wants to participate call us for details 423-5602.
- We are pleased to welcome Bart Bradley to the AJ Smith Recreation Center! Bart will be instructing his Fitmix Plus! class on Thursday nights @ 7 PM AND Wednesday's at 9 AM beginning January 8, 2014 at the AJ Smith Recreation Center. The cost is $7/class. Or you can purchase a punch card - 11 visits for $70.
- Spring soccer registration is open! Call 517-423-5602 to register!
- Tuesday and Thursday nights from 8 - 10 PM we have adult drop-in basketball, for $5/person. Just come out to the AJ Smith Recreation Center on those nights and be ready to play!
- Information about Michigan's new law regarding concussions can be found here: Michigan Concussion Law
- The City of Tecumseh Parks and Recreation programs are available to all residents and non-residents. All registrations are taken on a first come first serve basis and can be done at the department. Payments for programs are required upon registration.
- A $25.00* administrative charge will be withheld on all refunds to individuals, unless the program is cancelled by the department. If our department cancels any activity for any reason, a full refund will be issued. *Effective November 1, 2009.
Last Updated on Thursday, March 27 2014 09:14